Everybody's Year

Last week I was having a laugh with my friend jokingly complaining on Facebook about 'selfish' year-end statuses- "You're MINE, 2014!", "2014 is MY year!".

I was like, oo nga naman ano ba naman yung mag-share kayo? Haha.

Kidding aside, people do have the right to claim each year as their own- whatever it brings or it brought to them. It got me thinking of my yearend post- what was my 2013 all about?

2013 was a year of rest. I got a new job that I love just as much but with half the stress, and ample free time to go around. On the side, I got to do stuff I enjoy doing (and actually get paid for it!:p). I got off crazy relationships and useless heartaches. I got to spend time with my family like normal people do. I learned to take things slow and take life easy. As Joel Osteen put it, I got to not just sip my coffee, but got to sip my coffee and say "aaahhh.":)

Sure I had my own share of lows this year, but I couldn't complain. I have friends and family who had big challenges this year. People closest to me had sh*tload of trials and it breaks my heart. Millions of Filipinos suffered the wrath of nature and of men. That breaks my heart even more.


2013 was everybody's year- a year of challenges for some, a year of grief and goodbyes, of lessons and loss. It was a year of successes for others, of laughter, of milestones, of promising future. A year of learning, of healing, growing, fighting and triumphing. One thing's certain for everyone, 2013 is a blessing- because you made it through.


As another year slowly ticks in a few hours, I say to everyone: brace yourself for bigger things to come. :) God has you at the palm of his hands. Not just better, but your best days are ahead.

Go ahead, claim it.

2014 IS yours. :)


'Wag na tayo mag-agawan sa 2014. :)

Have an insanely blessed 2014!:)

Roanni




2 comments:

  1. "having a laugh"- how very English of you :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you love that? It's like may tawanan you know.:)) Happy new year Yen!

      Delete

Show me some love!

 

Sorted Clutter

#MillionPeopleMarch (1) 2010 (3) 2013 goals (3) ako ang simula (9) Bacolod (3) bargain books (1) bayanihan (1) beach bumming (5) Binondo (1) birthdays (1) blessings (1) blogging (2) Bohol (3) book worm (5) Brandy Alexander (1) bring yourself (1) Calaguas (1) Caleruega (1) cancer (1) career (2) Chinese food (1) chocoholic (1) Christmas (3) Chuck Palahniuk (1) churches (2) Cloud 9 (1) Coast Thru Life (1) coffee (2) college (4) conversations (1) Cubao eX (1) Daddy (3) Dave Matthews Band (1) de-stress (5) debriefing moments (2) drama (2) Dumaguete (1) eat pray love (2) education (2) family (5) favorite restaurants (2) food for the soul (4) foodie (6) Fred's (1) Hanson (1) Happy Computer (2) Ilog Maria (1) Invisible Monsters (1) island hopping (1) it's more fun in the Philippines (8) Janry (1) La Union (2) life lessons (6) look back (1) Maginhawa food strip (2) Manila (2) Marikina (2) mature stuff (1) Men's Health Philippines (2) misadventures (2) modern day heroes (1) money talks (2) music junkie (4) nomo things (3) organic (1) parties (2) Philippines (2) politics (2) public service (2) quarter life (5) quotes (3) R and R (5) Raga Raga Corp (3) road trip (2) roanni (8) samaskom (1) seacrumbs (2) Siargao (7) social relevance (2) social work (2) soul searching (1) stoked (3) summer (3) summer 2012 (2) summer 2013 (3) surf dudes (2) surfing (4) Tagaytay (3) the one (5) the promise of health (1) Tuesday Group (3) UP (1) Van Gogh is Bipolar (2) when in... (2) work (10) Yoki's Treasure (1)

Posts You Love

I'm like Tinkerbell, I need applause to live.

My photo
Communications junkie, book+music lover, and aspiring world traveller.

Visitors