Learning to Unlearn

Well, hello blogworld. It's been a while huh? Sorry for the three-week hiatus. I actually had a recent post but for reasons I cannot disclose, it had to be put down.

Anyway. The past three weeks hadn't been exactly nice to me. Gah, that's the first three weeks of the year we are talking about. Let's just say I am somewhere I don't want to be anymore.Or don't want to be for now. But I'm forced to stay in that place and the more I'm stuck there, the more I get sick of it. And the more I get sick of it, the more I just want to get away and let go.

Just as we need to learn from all our experiences, so must we unlearn. 

We have to unlearn techniques and formats and styles because they change, just as often as Lady Gaga changes her hairstyle. We have to unlearn believing in something wholeheartedly because it just might prove to disappoint you. We have to unlearn believing someone wholeheartedly, because that person just might prove to disappoint you. We have to unlearn being comfortable at where we are now, because sooner or later we would have to move on.

I'm now unlearning to love my entire song library and carefully-made playlist after my laptop crashed and the only files retrieved were my photos.

The camwhore in me is rejoicing, the music junkie is slashing its wrist. 


Le sigh. Sorry for such a vague post. Will try to positivize things in the future. I already have an idea for my next posts to keep me on the sunny side. Toodles!



6 comments:

  1. Here ya go! Promise, it's just an echoe of this entry written six and a half years ago. Told 'ya you're right on schedule! Mas maaga pa nga ata akong dumaan sa ganyan eh, at age 23 hahaha.

    Take it easy :) Hope knowing that it's a "normal" phase everybody goes through will make you feel even the slightest semblance of beeing better :)

    http://caribbeanblue04.blogspot.com/2005/07/yun-lang-pala-yun.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and around that time too, I badly wanted to have a boyfriend na rin hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. Hahaha It's like de javu (tama ba?) of some twisted sort. The feeling, the realization. Down to the one-month-leave of a remedy. Scaaarrrry.:))

    Thanks for this mother! Hopefully, a little break is all I really need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha and I don't know exactly what I want right now in the love department (biglang na-confuse?haha). There's a lot of holding back going on. Leche, kelangan na ata tayo mag-inuman.:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Basta when you go on leave, totally cleanse yourself of anything work-related!
    You deserve it ;-)

    As for the relationship thingie, I'm not going to pretend I know the details but if my hunches are correct ay naku, may pagho-hold back nga haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

 

Sorted Clutter

#MillionPeopleMarch (1) 2010 (3) 2013 goals (3) ako ang simula (9) Bacolod (3) bargain books (1) bayanihan (1) beach bumming (5) Binondo (1) birthdays (1) blessings (1) blogging (2) Bohol (3) book worm (5) Brandy Alexander (1) bring yourself (1) Calaguas (1) Caleruega (1) cancer (1) career (2) Chinese food (1) chocoholic (1) Christmas (3) Chuck Palahniuk (1) churches (2) Cloud 9 (1) Coast Thru Life (1) coffee (2) college (4) conversations (1) Cubao eX (1) Daddy (3) Dave Matthews Band (1) de-stress (5) debriefing moments (2) drama (2) Dumaguete (1) eat pray love (2) education (2) family (5) favorite restaurants (2) food for the soul (4) foodie (6) Fred's (1) Hanson (1) Happy Computer (2) Ilog Maria (1) Invisible Monsters (1) island hopping (1) it's more fun in the Philippines (8) Janry (1) La Union (2) life lessons (6) look back (1) Maginhawa food strip (2) Manila (2) Marikina (2) mature stuff (1) Men's Health Philippines (2) misadventures (2) modern day heroes (1) money talks (2) music junkie (4) nomo things (3) organic (1) parties (2) Philippines (2) politics (2) public service (2) quarter life (5) quotes (3) R and R (5) Raga Raga Corp (3) road trip (2) roanni (8) samaskom (1) seacrumbs (2) Siargao (7) social relevance (2) social work (2) soul searching (1) stoked (3) summer (3) summer 2012 (2) summer 2013 (3) surf dudes (2) surfing (4) Tagaytay (3) the one (5) the promise of health (1) Tuesday Group (3) UP (1) Van Gogh is Bipolar (2) when in... (2) work (10) Yoki's Treasure (1)

Posts You Love

I'm like Tinkerbell, I need applause to live.

My photo
Communications junkie, book+music lover, and aspiring world traveller.

Visitors